We are looking for an Apprentice - Business Support to join our team!
What will I be doing?
This role is located within the Customer Contact Centre however could support other areas of the business such as, Highway Stewards, Licencing & Enforcement and Core Programming Teams, Commercial and Finance, Programme Management with delivery and administration of the day to day operations and service
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of reports, correspondence, presentations, memos and spreadsheets
- Provide team support with document production, through proofing and formatting documents
- Maintain hard and soft copy files for the JV, through updating databases, organising documents and archiving files
- Administer travel arrangements, staff schedules, diary management and team mail, as required
- Coordinate meeting arrangements through scheduling, preparing/circulating agendas, taking minutes and following up on actions
- Complete ad-hoc administrative duties and tasks, as requested
- Maintain annual leave records for the function through updating spreadsheets
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate them to management to ensure continual improvement
- Comply with policies, processes & standards, to ensure compliance
- Comply with Health, Safety, Security & Environment policies & standards to maintain a safe workplace
What will the programme involve?
- A recognised qualification in Level 3 Business Administration (12 months duration)
- Monthly workshops with other apprentices working towards your qualification
- Attendance on apprentice development programme
- On-going support and reviews on your progress
- 6 monthly pay increases based on performance and attendance
- Options to attend career and personal development events
- Training in line with your qualification
- On completing your apprenticeship, you may have the option to progress onto a further qualification either level 4, 5 or 6. The skills you develop during your apprenticeship are highly transferrable and could aid you moving into roles in senior administration, PA, office management, contract administration or roles within leadership
Costain helps to improve peoples lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UKs energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UKs leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin
everything we do.
- Able to communicate concisely, orally and in writing using plain English to convey clear messages e.g. able to deal with telephone queries, liaise with managers, staff and members of the public, write basic letters
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good computer/keyboard skills
- Ability to use own initiative in understanding tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal and Public Relations skills
- Problem solving skills
- Customer orientated approach to work
- Experience of working with the Microsoft Office suite including Work, Outlook and Excel
- A commitment to personal development and training
- Self-motivated and able to enthuse others
- Has the equivalent of 5 GCSEs, grades A*-C or 9-4, including Maths, Science and English
This role might be for you if youre: Enthusiastic to learn and develop a career in administration
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
We will consider all applicants regardless of age, race, faith and socioeconomic background, including those from marginalised groups, such as (but not exclusive to):
People who identify as LGBT+, including non-binary people
People with physical or neurological disabilities
People who have mental ill health
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need for dynamic working, such as, working part-time, remote working, or compressed hours. In return, we will explore what is possible.
To find out more about our Inclusion strategy, please visit our ED&I page:
Right to Work & Security Checks
Understandably given the nature of our business, everyone who is employed at Costain must undergo thorough referencing checks. We will need different information depending on the job we have offered you. For all roles, well carry out a criminal record check and well ask to see evidence that you have the legal right to work in the UK.
For some of our roles, you may be required to obtain and maintain security clearance of at least Security Check level (or SC clearance). To satisfy the requirements, you will need to have been a legal UK resident for a minimum of 5 years and have successfully complete all stages of the vetting process.