Leonardos two-year Business Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities whilst gaining a Level 3 standard in business and administration. You will learn how various business areas operate, discovering how projects are run, managed and delivered and have opportunities to liaise with customers and suppliers.
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employers website.
Closing date: 13 Mar 2022
- Working week
Monday to Friday. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 37.00
- Expected duration
- Possible start date
08 Oct 2022
- Date posted
- Apprenticeship level
Level 3 (A level)
- Reference number
Leonardos two-year Business Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities whilst gaining a Level 3 standard in Business and Administration. You will work alongside specialists while completing a series of rotational placements - in areas such as Sales & Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Finance, Project Management and operations- across the company that will springboard you into the world of business.
- You will learn how various business areas operate, discovering how projects are run, managed and delivered, and having opportunities to liaise with customers and suppliers. Later in the apprenticeship, you will provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices. There may also be opportunities for travel between the Companys UK sites
- You will study with one of our academic partners for completion of a Business Level 3 Apprenticeship. This will be achieved by completing the Business Administrator standard (ST0070)
- We need people who understand the importance of our Customers and are ready to commit to working in the business, whilst also committing to a 2 year learning programme. At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Procurement / Commercial community involved in a variety of world leading products
Who would suit this role?
- Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, patience and problem solving as well as a need to comply with safety and process compliance at all times. We also view dependability to the programme and learning objectives very highly
Key Responsibility Areas:
- You will gather real work evidence on day-to-day tasks completed to highlight the key business competencies you have demonstrated. You will be required to complete a folder of this evidence, demonstrating that you are developing a well-rounded business knowledge through on-the-job training and are gaining the essential practical skills needed to succeed
- Following completion of several placements, you will enter a final placement, becoming more focused on one particular discipline. This targeted learning allows you to develop into a valuable member of the department, and will provide you with the final pieces of evidence required to move into the assessment phase and complete your Apprenticeship
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
- 2 x A Levels (A*-C) one of which must be English, maths or a Business related subject
- An alternative Level 3 business related qualification
- GCSE (Grade 4-9 / A*-C) in maths and English
- The qualifications and experience gained on this apprenticeship will allow you to apply for further roles within this sector
Things to consider
Please note, that in order to apply for this opportunity, you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as SC) for our business.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a 22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Dont delay - these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. The deadline for applications is 28th February 2020. Assessment Centres will take place between January and May 2020.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training thats part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).