The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive approach to developing skills. The business administrator is also expected to show initiative, managing priorities and their own time. A friendly telephone manner and can-do attitude within our team is extremely important as is good time keeping and adaptability. We provide training for all aspects of the role and in-depth product knowledge is essential so the successful candidate will be expected to spend some time on board a cruise with passengers. This may involve one or two nights away during training.
This is an interesting and varied role as well as the potential for a long-term permanent position with a local and growing business.
You will be working towards your L3 Business Admin apprenticeship by assisting in a range of duties relevant to your studies, you will also be set aside time to complete your learning.
- Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems in order to: edit our website, contribute to social media channels, customer relationship management for post and email communication as well as processing bookings.
Record and document production
- Create brochure mailers, booking confirmations and pre cruise information packs.
- Uploading of invoices to our accounting system.
- Create passenger manifests with special requirements.
- Reproduce frequently used documents on board such as checklists and reports.
- Assist with rescheduling of cruises where necessary and be part of the reorganising process.
- Help contribute to create new cruise itineraries and upgrades.
- Make suggestions for improvements in admin efficiency and productivity.
- Attend weekly company meetings and make constructive suggestions.
Interpersonal skills and Communications
- A friendly and polite telephone manner with our passengers when taking bookings and brochure requests.
- Constructive and positive when communicating with our crew.
- Confident to speak to our passengers in person during boarding and disembarking of cruises.
- Helpful to our suppliers regarding bookings for transport, accommodation, and tours.
- Completes tasks to a high standard with care and consistency.
- Takes pride in their work with an eye for detail.
Planning and organisation
- Takes responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, manages priorities and time to successfully meet deadlines.
- Organises meetings and events, takes minutes during meetings and creates action logs as appropriate. Takes responsibility for logistics e.g. travel and accommodation.
Able to spot room for improvement and make suggestions
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, confident on the phone and in person with customers.
A positive attitude and willing to turn your hand to many different tasks.
Four GCSEs A*-C or 9-4 including Maths and English.
Possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider
Standard Holiday Entitlement. Staff discount scheme for online shopping, goods, services and electronics.
About the employer
English Holiday Cruises provide 2-6 night holiday cruises abord the Hotel Boat Edward Elgar. We operate on the River Severn and Gloucester to Sharpness Ship Canal. A busy and successful business looking to expand in the near future.
English Holiday Cruises
The Oliver Cromwell Paddle Wheeler
Training Training provider
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gloucestershire College
GC Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01452563400 firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administrator Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Closing Date: 15 October 2021
Key facts about an Apprenticeship:
- An apprentice must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week.
- Apprentices must meet our minimum entry requirements