- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone enquires to the appropriate staff members
- Screen calls for cold calling and sales
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organisation in a professional and friendly manner
- Prepare boardroom for meetings
- To provide secretarial support to the Director, management and staff of PWM, and tenants within the premises 1 Lambton Road
- Type reports, letters and other documents
- Use computer in particular MS Office programs including word, excel, and publisher; also bespoke programmes including Intelligent Office, a database and back office system, and other software to prepare reports and documents consistently
- Sort incoming mail
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes and mail
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organisations databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff of the organisation and office tenants
- General admin tasks such as scanning, filing and photocopying
- Make and deliver refreshments to office staff and guests upon request
- To ensure that the workplace remains tidy and uncluttered
Assist Financial Advisers
- Use computer software to prepare valuations, reports, letters and other documentation
- File client material according to established records
- Communicate with clients/providers in a professional courteous manner
- Ensure that the Directors work space is tidy and uncluttered
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Knowledge of computers word processing and excel
- Planning and organisation
- Prioritising work
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Independent working
- A willingness to undertake any task and succeed
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organisation.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organisation.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters.
- Independent and Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others as well as independently to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Organisation: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Confidence: Have the confidence to ask for help when unsure about something.
- Eagerness to Learn: Follow the ever changing Financial Industry rules and regulations as well as different software.
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Possibility of a permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Good career prospects
Things to consider
- ITEC North East are working on behalf of this company
- Do not contact the company direct
- If you have any queries please contact ITEC North East on the contact details provided
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training thats part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit:
About the employer
Professional Wealth Management Limited (PWM) is a firm of Chartered Independent Financial Advisers, the primary business is to advise clients on how to achieve their financial objectives. PWM is the regional hub for IWP UK, IWP are a national company with the mission to build Briains best national IFA business.
Professional Wealth Management Limited http://www.professionalwealthmanagement.co.uk/
1 Lambton Road Newcastle Upon Tyne NE2 4RX
ITEC NORTH EAST LIMITED Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ITEC North East Ltd
Kirsty Haden-Collier 07881377824 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Via your ITEC tutor and on-the-job training, youll get the opportunity to learn:
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
- Relevant regulation