This is an important role that supports the delivery of objectives across two teams on the Tideway project as part of a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship programme.
Half of the role will be assisting the coordination of the projects Legacy programme. As part of this the successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of tasks to support the recruitment and training of local residents/key target groups, the delivery of education and community investment events and the organisation of volunteer activities. The role also requires significant activities relating to the internal communication strategy for the project, including the dissemination of key project information and maintaining internal relationships. The collation and reporting of data and key achievements will also be a key facet of this role.
The other half of the role will be to deliver important site administration tasks in our site offices. This will involve working within a team; i) scanning and sending delivery tickets/timesheets; ii) compiling list of deliveries; iii) managing information trackers; ordering stationary.
The position requires an individual with the capability to passionately take on this role and the associated business administration apprenticeship. Lasting 18 months, the apprenticeship seeks to develop the candidates administrative, communication and management skills.
Through addressing the principles of administration and legal contexts of the business, we will begin by providing an understanding of the construction industry. Tideways specific principles, such as its emphasis on workplace equality, will then be introduced, as we demonstrate what it means to work on this impressive project. A combination of workshops and hands-on learning will draw the apprenticeship to its final phase, providing the successful candidate with an insight into how business performance can even be improved.
The candidate will be representing Ferrovial, one of the worlds leading infrastructure operators committed to developing sustainable solutions to the industrys challenges.
Working with a two dynamic teams, the position is based in two closely located project offices in Battersea. The candidate may be required to travel to other Tideway (London based) sites when necessary.
- Support the Skills and Employment and Communications Managers on legacy activities
- Arrange pre-employment programmes, interviews and assessment centres
- Liaise with local boroughs in respect of forthcoming opportunities for permanent roles and apprenticeships including working with organisations in respect of pre-employment training
- Support the Legacy and Skills and Employment Manager in data collection and tracking
- Collate and distribute KPIs and skills and employment data
- Co-ordinate STEM and Community volunteering
- Develop case studies, writing articles for internal and external newsletters
- Work with local community groups
- Acquire project progress information from project sites and offices
- Assist with photography vetting with the Project health and safety team
- Scan and send delivery tickets/timesheets
- Compile list of deliveries daily and send to all
- Procurement tracker management (recording all reqs, chasing buying team, chasing suppliers)
- Stationary ordering
- Welfare control
- File DABs
- Induction paperwork scan/prepare and send.
- Update training matrix.