To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
Airbus, the worlds leading Aircraft manufacturer has an exciting new job opportunity to join its Wing Plant Engineering Team (PET) based in Broughton, UK.
We are appointing a Design Engineer within the Single Aisle (SA) Build Support Team who will act as part of the wider SA Team.
The Build Support team is a key part of SA Plant Engineering Team, working on direct support to operations as well as delivering key recurring cost projects. As a team it is a priority to live our PET values (more can be found on our internal website).
The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a committed person to develop themselves from a technical and leadership perspective in a positive team environment. On joining the team we will work with the successful applicant to create and map out a development plan for your time with us, as part of this we would want to expose you to other aspects of the PET and wider Plant.
If you like connecting and working with like-minded people, working across multiple programmes, then this could be the role for you.
The successful applicant will become part of a fast moving team who deliver projects both of a non-modification and modification nature. You will become a key part of the build support team for the term of your placement.
The build support team has two key functions; one is to provide direct engineering support to the production line to ensure minimal disruption to the wing build, the other is to provide and develop innovative projects to improve the Plant environment. Projects we work on have a range of benefits, reduction of build hours and parts consumed, improvement of design solutions for a more cost effective solutions to Plant, sustainability savings and design for a safer environment.
The role will require close working alongside our Manufacturing Engineering colleagues to promote a true MEET (Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Together) ethos. Additionally, the role will also involve working closely with our Wing Engineering Colleagues in Filton.
You will have a great opportunity to learn and grow your network across the wing engineering community and form a strong network with the plant operational and support functions.
What will you be doing?
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include.
Tangible Deliverables to Time, Cost and Quality:
- Liaise with operations so as to understand all the priority None Conformances that are required to enable build and to meet quality gate requirements and report critical technical issues up through shift handover process
- Be the focal point for all design issues that occur in the operational environment.
- Carries out design investigations and solutions for a range of tasks, - Ensure design standards and requirements are met.
- Liaise with other functions, Quality , Ops and ME for MFT tasks as and when required
- Undertake appropriate, project management tasks when required, these include
- Involvement schemes
- Change platform Idea submissions
- Create and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Promote co-design and collaboration between Design Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Contribute to achievement of the PET strategy in line with our Vision and Values.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- You are studying towards an Engineering Degree or Equivalent
- You are a motivated self-driven individual who has the ability to work autonomously.
- You are able to deliver whilst also embracing change, and challenge where appropriate.
- You will integrate and engage with technical experts and specialists to achieve optimum technical and business solutions.
- You have the ability to listen, understand and communicate information clearly to your team and stakeholders
- You show an innovative mindset and apply free thinking with a degree of curiosity to explore new ideas.
- You have a strong interest in developing your own capabilities to match the needs of a changing Airbus world.
- You desire to work in an open and trusting environment.
- You understand, nurture and demonstrate resilience.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- 18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Companys success, reputation and sustainable growth.