We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That's why we'll treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table - and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
BMW UK , Farnborough - BMW Brand Communications - 13 Month Student Placement (July 2021)
The BMW brand communications team is responsible for delivering campaigns and product launches for all BMW models in the UK and Ireland. Working closely with BMW Head office in Munich to ensure future campaigns are in line with our UK requirements, the team then steer all end to end communications through the customer journey. This requires close co-operation across the UK and Ireland businesses both within the wider team and the broader business as a whole. An open and inclusive team, our students are seen as our future talent and trusted to come up with new ideas to change the way we operate. Seeking driven, passionate, creative individuals with superb written and verbal communication skills; we currently have three student placement opportunities in our Brand Communications team as well as additional opportunities in the wider communications team.
What will you be doing?
- Support management of all national launch and brand campaigns from end to end including briefing agencies, booking media (TV, print, cinema, outdoor, digital etc.), creative development of all necessary materials, timeline management and campaign reporting.
- Support media partnership management (partners have included: GQ, the Telegraph and Global Radio/Snowbombing).
- Ensure all local creative content is signed off and approved on time in line with project deadlines.
- Manage specific elements of creative development of digital materials produced across the BMW vehicle range- e.g. brochures, product guides.
- Campaign budget operations management.
- Support campaign development steering through local market insight in reporting to management and BMW AG.
- Support the national day-to-day social media asset plan development. Reviewing and approval process with the national agency and managing the weekly retailer asset plan development.
- Support Brand and Launch activity across BMW UK Partnerships and Events (including Goodwood Festival of Speed and the BMW PGA Championship).
- Studying toward a degree and on track to achieve a 2:1. (Please note that our Undergraduate Placement opportunities are only open to students who will be returning to their studies following their placement with us)
- Knowledge of MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) and Outlook.
- Strong relationship building skills and a professional level of customer service, showing exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A thirst for learning, an eye for detail and a creative flare would all be beneficial in this role.
- Good organisational and time management skills, and ability to show high attention to detail to every task.
- Ability to work at both a detailed and high level, prioritise activities, work under pressure and multi-task.
- A Full UK Driving License is preferable but not essential.
Did you know?
Farnborough is home to