Youll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and its extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. Our kitchen Porter role plays a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience.
Your day to day
- Within context of objectives set by manager, responsibilities include Kitchen porters, China glass and silverware, offsite events equipment and all onsite equipment which will include storing, hiring and buying.
- Monitor progress against performance metrics
- Working alongside the team, ensures work of the kitchen Porters is to a high standard and that the hotel food and safety policy is correctly followed
- Performs regular direct training on a group and one to one basis as needed with Kitchen Porters
- Ensures high standards of performance, including food safety and HACCP is always adhered to
- Solve multiple, undefined problems that span multiple workflows
- Identifies training gaps
- Demonstrates functional experience and good knowledge of relevant topics
- Proven record of self-initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team
- Demonstrates collaboration with other departments
- Coaching and supporting team members to develop
- Steps up to support the kitchen team as and when required
- To be passionate about delivering great service
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Porter, or Prep Chef
- Experience with working in a busy kitchen environment & being able to work with deadlines.
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team