We are seeking an Apprentice Transport Assistant to join our Transport team based at our site in Aylesford. This is a great role for an individual who is interested in a career in transport & logistics. You will gain everyday experience in a wide range of administration, routing, resourcing and people activities, whilst receiving on the job training with an apprenticeship provider to gain a Supply Chain Practitioner (FMCG) Level 3 qualification.
By the end of this apprenticeship, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the entire supply chain, will be responsible for their impact on each function and strive to deliver the best value for the business and customer.
The primary role of the Apprentice Transport Assistant is to be responsible for building positive relationships with customers, communicating effectively with them, and providing excellent service to potential, new and existing customers. You will also identify opportunities for improving the customer experience while studying for your apprenticeship.
What does the job involve?
- Maintaining vehicle fleet compliance
- Transport administration including monitoring and recording of drivers hours, delivery performance, fleet management and tachograph management
- Assisting with delivery route planning
- Completion of driver briefings and communicating with drivers regarding routes, traffic, driver errors, customer expectations and vehicle maintenance
- Responding to incoming calls in a prompt and polite manner, assisting with queries and troubleshooting where necessary.
- Liaising with internal departments to make the best decisions for our customers
- Vehicle fleet administration and maintenance booking
- Greeting visitors in a friendly and helpful manner
- Resolving customer queries and complaints in a professional and courteous manner
Due to the high number of interactions within and outside of the business, you will need strong relationship building, influencing, and communication skills alongside sound analytical and information technology skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, that has frequently changing requirements.
You will also require GCSE English and Maths or equivalent (A*- C/9-4) and a valid UK driving licence.
- Monday to Friday 7.00 am to 4.00 pm, with a degree of flexibility