As an Apprentice Surveyor you will be providing essential administrative and practical support to the Southampton Office Agency team whilst gaining valuable experience of the role of a commercial property surveyor. The work will be varied and carried out both inside and outside the office.
As an Apprentice Surveyor your duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Shadowing our chartered and graduate Surveyors
- As above but assisting where experience allows
- Attending internal and client meetings
- Assisting the drafting of minutes
- Attending site and taking photographs, measuring and generally assisting
- Data entry
- General office admin duties
- Attending training and continuous professional development (CPD) events where required to support your learning
- Collecting and interrogating data from external sources including land registry and the planning portal
- Attending property viewings
On-the-Job Training Provided:
Training and coaching will be provided via the following methods:
- Attending relevant training courses (internal and external)
- Attending industry CPD events
- Shadowing qualified colleagues
- 1-1 coaching
- e-learning for H&S and compliance requirements
- Practical on the job experience on a daily basis
Off-the-Job Training and Assessment:
Off-the-job training will be provided by the University College of Estate Management (UCEM). You will achieve a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited BSc (Hons) Real Estate Management. Rather than attending formal lectures or classes, youll study using UCEMs state-of-the-art online learning environment and digital library, supported with guidance from highly experienced tutors.
Upon completion of the BSc (Hons) Real Estate Management and the structured workplace learning you will undertake the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence leading to registration with the RICS as a Chartered Surveyor (Commercial Real Estate).
It is anticipated that on successful completion of the apprenticeship and your APC you will be promoted to the position of Surveyor within Lambert Smith Hampton.
- Competent user of MS Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint programmes
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to manage time and prioritise work/instructions effectively
- Good telephone manner
Personal Qualifies Required:
- Bright, friendly and personable
- Well organised
- Good communicator and able to deal with people on all levels
- Good team player
- Keen and enthusiastic learner
Qualifications on Entry:
For standard entry applicants, must have obtained 96 UCAS tariff points (2017 Tariff) or 230 UCAS tariff points (2016 Tariff) or have an equivalent level of attainment through recognised qualifications not included in the UCAS Tariff
Have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM profile was obtained, or an equivalent qualification
Have a current RICS Associate qualification (AssocRICS)
Have GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
- Recognised qualifications having an equivalent level of attainment as those recognised by UCAS include: Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), professional qualifications from recognised institutions, certain armed forces qualifications and partially completed degrees.