Our research and development teams are constantly evolving our product portfolio either to include new functional innovations or to accommodate changes in regulatory standards or legislation. As an Apprentice Test Analyst you will build a knowledge of the Whistlebrook portfolio of products over time.
- Working within our testing team to test new features within our products using the Microsoft .NET framework and Microsoft SQL Server stack
- Work to understand and refine requirements and agree acceptance criteria in collaboration with the development team
- Plan, execute and document the testing of our software products using a combination of manual and automated testing
- Effectively log and help to prioritise defects using our fault logging software
- Work with other members of your team to iteratively improve working practices
To accelerate your familiarisation with products that you will be testing, you will gain experience in providing customer software support
- You will enjoy problem solving and are able to ask relevant questions about what you dont understand
- You will be comfortable in applying maths to solve problems
- You can demonstrate that you can use your initiative, take responsibility, be organised and work independently
- You will be a strong written and verbal communicator and like working in teams with like-minded individuals
- Passionate about technology
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and processes
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to build good working relationships
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grades A*-C in any subject but one must be in a numerical or computing subject (e.g. maths, Science, Computer Science etc.)
- 7 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including maths and English
- Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a tech career
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, youll have the opportunity to progress within your career as an experienced tester or move into project management, customer services or software development depending on your skills, performance and aptitude.
About the employer
Whistlebrook is a specialist provider to the UK financial services industry. We offer a portfolio of twelve software products that can be deployed individually, or collectively, but each is designed to complement both each other and the core banking system of our customers.
Whistlebrook is a privately owned business with offices in Tring in Hertfordshire and St Ives in Cambridgeshire. With over ninety implementations of our products, our customers include challenger banks, specialist lenders, private banks and a majority of the UK building societies.
The Forum Unit 6
Icknield Way Industrial Estate
DIGITAL NATIVE (UK) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DIGITAL NATIVE (UK) LIMITED
As part of the Level 4 Software Tester apprenticeship standard, youll be registered as a member with the British Computer Society and be on a fast track to an industry recognised qualification.
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)