Job Title: Apprentice Pharmacy Technician
Location: 60 Grove End Road, London, NW8 9NH
Do you want to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team? The charitable St John & St Elizabeth Hospital is looking for a dedicated individual to take our recently extended service to the next level.
As a valued member of our pharmacy team, you will help ensure that our customers and patients get the best possible service every time they visit one of our stores. Through your passion to deliver a great healthcare service and your ability to provide professional advice, you’ll play an important role in your local community. The knowledge you gain at St John and St Elizabeth Hospital will enable you to deliver products and services that have a direct, positive impact on people’s lives.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. Uniquely, all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
Am I the right person for this Apprentice Pharmacy Technician role?
* Maths and English GCSE
* Good communication skills, written and oral
* Basic computer skills, must be computer literate
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Motivates to succeed
* Patient and calm
What are the Responsibilities of this Apprentice Pharmacy Technician role?
* Procurement of medicines for use within the Hospital
* Receipt of orders
* Putting away stock according to SOPs
* Supplying stock to wards and departments
* Charging of medication supplied to end users
* Dispensing medicines under the supervision of a Pharmacist
* Liaising with wards and departments regarding stock and orders
* Patient counselling
* Working accurately and efficiently to agreed standards
* Answering the telephone and dealing with queries in an effective and polite manner
* Participation in stock management, date checking and cleaning rotas where required
* Involvement with stock take process
Why apply for this role as Apprentice Pharmacy Technician?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment.
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you.
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Basic computer skills, must be computer literate
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Motivates to succeed
- Patient and calm