1. Attending and advising clients in cases where appropriate and under supervision.
2. Responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from clients, other professionals/experts, colleagues, where appropriate, in order to progress cases effectively and efficiently for self and others.
3. Assisting fee earners in the department in progressing cases where required.
4. Control and Management of Work in Progress ensuring that it is recorded under supervision and direction
5. Effective Management of own time with diligence.
6. Working on files as appropriate, including (but not exclusively) drafting letters, protocol steps collating information, enquiries and forms.
7. Carrying out administrative duties as appropriate including (but not exclusively) updating referrers information, paying invoices, closing files etc.
8. Compliance with Client Care and Complaints Procedures in order to minimise the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society Rules.
10. In accordance with the Employers policies, endeavour to complete the apprenticeship framework with enthusiasm, commitment, responsibility and diligence.
- Excellent use of the English language (written and spoken) is essential
- Excellent time keeping and a genuine commitment to great outcomes for themselves and others
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload within the required timescales.
- Problem solving skills
- Genuine commitment to great outcomes for themselves and others
- Courteous and conscientious in all aspects of their work
- Customer focus
- An interest in law
- GCSE Maths & English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
- A levels
An opportunity for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Ours is a simple brief: to provide specialist legal advice on all aspects of residential and commercial conveyancing. Clients can expect clear, pragmatic advice with their objectives our central focus.
We understand that clients are often too busyto take time out of their day to visit us, which is why weve invested heavilyin the latest technology, allowing you to interact with us in a way that suitsyou. Of course, our modern efficiencies dont compromise our traditional corevalues. If a visit to the office is something you prefer, you can be certain of a warm welcome.
ELLIOTT JAMES LEGAL LTD
STOCKTON RIVERSIDE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stockton Riverside College
Anna Harper 07436 795883 email@example.com
- Level 3 Paralegal
- Functional skills maths & English, if required