Spectrum Yarns Ltd is looking for 2 individuals to join the business as full-time apprentices, working in the textile processing facility to train up as maintenance technicians.
The job does not require any specific knowledge of textiles, as all training will be provided on the job. It does, however, require candidates with the right attitude, aptitude and commitment working in a traditional mill setting.
The role will involve working within the spinning and winding department at the mill in Slaithwaite, Huddersfield.
- Machine preparation, running and ongoing control systems
- Completing production documentation
- adjusting machinery to optimise spinning production
- Comply with maintenance schedules
- Selecting and checking raw materials
- Loading specialist textile production machinery
- Monitoring work and recording defects
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and reliable (timekeeping)
- Ability to take instruction
- Mechanically minded/Problem Solver