- Assist and support the Head of Property in providing a safe and efficient service to our customers in the dwellings or services we provide
- Contribute towards and assist the Head of Property in overseeing the delivery of services that enable residents to develop
- Deliver an effective and quality service to residents, promoting a tolerant and caring environment within the housing project
- Attend any training courses deemed necessary for the role.
+ Ensure that health and safety guidelines are being adhered to by yourself.
+ Ensure that training needs are identified and reported to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Working with the Maintenance and Housekeeping teams to ensure the rapid turnaround of void properties
- Follow all booking and key holding procedures for vehicles via the booking system.
+ Inspect the properties, internally and externally, including resident accommodation (where access is permitted) on advisement of any issues.
+ Ensure yourself and the team are adhering to all policies within the organisation, such as YMCA Cheltenham Maintenance Policy, Health and Safety Policy and any other policies that are relevant.
+ Work with the Head of Property to address any day to day repairs, renewals, and cyclical maintenance as necessary.
+ Ensure you provide the necessary feedback on all health and safety concerns to Head of Property.
+ Assist with the implementation of the Fire Safety Policy, running regular tests and drills.
+ Check the completion of on-site maintenance checks, as carried out by staff on site.
+ Maintain good positive working relationships with staff, contractors and suppliers.
+ Implement and carry out any maintenance needs assigned.
+ Stock control of materials on site to ensure rapid response.
- Previous experience of working in property maintenance an advantage.
- Flexibility and a willingness to help out as needed within the team.
- An ability to carry out a variety of tasks. From decorating to changing taps to some landscaping. No two days are ever the same.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptable and able to handle people of all capabilities and attitudes.
Ability to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships across a range of staff levels both internally and externally.
- As a member of the Property team you will be expected to demonstrate the values, initiatives and culture of the organisation.
- Willingness to work and grow as part of the team