- To assist in the provision of support to all users of the computer
- To contribute to the day-to-day maintenance of the client side ICT
- To respond promptly to users, diagnosing and resolving problems when possible, escalating where necessary.
- To assist in the monitoring of the Trusts Helpdesk system and the prioritisation of tickets
- To assist in the maintenance of the client side infrastructure, including laptops, desktops, interactive whiteboards and projectors.
- To assist in the setup of PA systems and other ad hoc audio/visual equipment, as needed.
- To assist in the provision of in-class support to students and teachers, as appropriate.
- To assist in hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- To contribute to ICT team meetings and to the provision of content to the media databases, as required.
- To assist in the maintenance of the Trusts ICT Asset Register.
- To understand the requisite Health & Safety regulations and Trust policies, to personally adhere to them and to be aware of potential non-compliance and to escalate incidents to the line manager.
- To remain mindful of systems security at all times and raise any concerns through line management.
- To participate as a member of the wider Anglian Learning IT
- Team, mutually assisting colleagues and the ICT function in other schools within the Trust, which may involve occasional travel and would be subject to the reimbursement of travel expenses.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the post as directed by the Director of IT.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- An ability to work well in teams
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability and interest in learning
- Understands an respects confidentiality
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Previous ICT experience
- Experience of working in a team
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- A high level of organisational skills
- Ability to work independently
- An interest in ICT
- A liking and respect for young people
- Flexibility in relation to tasks carried out
- Willing to undertake further training as required
- A good study/work ethic
- To have initiative
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- GCSE grade C+ in English and Maths
- A good standard of literacy and general education
ICT Technician role openings within Anglian Learning, neighbouring trusts and the wider IT industry, both locally, nationally and internationally. Future openings of Senior ICT Technician and Trust IT Manager and Director roles, forming, leading and implementing strategy. Later specialization can lead to roles within networking infrastructure, cloud service provision, software development, training and other technical areas.