We are seeking a knowledgeable and enthusiastic individual for an apprentice helpdesk infrastructure technician role within our busy IT department based in Golborne, Greater Manchester.
The role is to maintain a high standard of service on the helpdesk, by providing the internal support to handle the workload that is critical in nature and ensures that the internal customer's IT requests are completed and met in a timely manner.
The candidate will ideally have prior experience or have shown a keen interest in this area.
You will start a Level 3 (15 month) Apprentice Helpdesk Infrastructure Technician course.
Remote working available although the successful candidate will be expected to be on-site two days a week. The office is a fully risk assessed and Covid secure environment and the successful candidate will be expected to follow all necessary health and safety protocols.
Main responsibilities of an Infrastructure Technician
- Create user accounts, manage permissions and passwords for employees and contractors
- Monitor responses to requests raised within the Service Desk, providing remote and hands-on support and responding to any queries in a timely manner
- Manage deployment of handheld devices to new drivers and resolve issues with deployed devices
- Providing telephone and email support to customers
- Responding to simple equipment support requests (e.g. changing printer toner, replacing cables, setting up projectors, moving computers, installing software etc.)
- Maintaining high standards regarding customer communications and response times
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software packages, including both: Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Engaging in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas, such as desktop support, networking and operating systems
- Completing any other IT support related tasks as requested by the line manager or a senior member of staff
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including installation and configuration
- Experience with computer and peripheral hardware servicing and basic repairs
- A true passion and interest for all things IT and tech with a desire to learn
- Knowledge and understanding of standard office software packages
- A good standard of written and oral communication - strong customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, both taking direction from and supporting other colleagues
- 5 GCSE's, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Some IT/Computing qualifications (GCSE, BTEC, A-Level) are preferable, but are not essential