The successful candidate will be trained and work in a role that consists of:
- Selection of correct materials to be processed
- Preparation and cutting of materials
- Following engineering drawings
- Fabrication tasks as reasonably directed
- Using manual tools
- Using precision measuring equipment
- Applying health and safety practice with PPE at all times
- Ability to understand plans and drawings
- Good maths skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the importance of health and safety
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work accurately
- Good at focus and concentration
- Able to work without direct supervision once competent
- Good timekeeper
- Positive attitude
- General interest in welding and fabrication
GCSEs grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
To be discussed on completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
As a family owned business Jarrobs has developed progressively, building a reputation as an innovative and reliable partner to both blue chip companies and smaller organisations alike.
Our sheet metal manufacturing facility produces a wide range of items to customer specifications, from simple brackets in large quantities to one-off complex finished assemblies. Our customer sectors include the automotive, aerospace, electronics, scientific, energy, mining, oil & gas, renewables, leisure, engineering and retail industries.
To remain competitive the Company Directors and Senior Management have continually evaluated the company and its customer needs, investing in state of the art equipment and seizing opportunities as they present themselves to generate growth and security and to ensure our continued success.
In an ever changing global economy we realise that business is not just about making products; its about knowing our customers and their needs whilst being committed to the highest standards in everything we do.
Our vision remains to be the ultimate precision sheet metal solution.
Excalibur Site Units 1-5
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Staffordshire Engineering Group Training Association Ltd
Sara James 01782213485 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)