You will work with engineers, programmers, planners, and other machinists to produce quality parts in a timely manner. You will learn to safely manufacture parts using various tooling and machinery within tolerances defined on drawings and CAD models using high-precision machines and inspection tools. Training will emphasise the ability to be quality-minded, while learning the process of developing and manufacturing the products.
Duties will include:
- Operating, setting, programming various CNC machinery/programmes, including lathes and three, four, and five axis machining centres
- Undertaking milling, turning, grinding techniques
- Operating /setting conventional machinery
- Using CAD/CAM
- Be able to use Vernier's, Micrometer's and other measuring equipment
- Working within tolerance
- Adhering to health and safety requirements
- Enjoy working practically with manual equipment
- Have a high attention to detail
- Ability to visualise 2D to 3D components
- Good level of mathematics with a lean towards trigonometry
- Good knowledge of computers and IT
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good communication skills
- Must be 18 years and above due to the nature of the role and equipment being used
- Passionate and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Be enthusiastic about the engineering industry
- Natural problem solver with a logical approach
- You must have a minimum grade B/6 in maths and (grade A*-C) or equivalent in English
- Permanent position available
Things to consider
Applicant should be familiar with the location as it may be difficult to get to, please do check out the location before you apply as this location.
About the employer
D & S Engineering (Coventry) Ltd has been providing excellence to the aircraft and defence industry since 1972. Established by Clifford Maconnachie over 40 years ago, it is still a family run business which aims to provide quality products at competitive prices. We specialise in producing complex components on the latest C.N.C machinery including lathes and three, four and five axis machining centres.
Our quality processes have enabled us to gain AS 9100 revision 'C' and were one of the first precision engineering companies to achieve the SC21 Bronze award in January 2012.
D & S Engineering has an excellent track record and is a well-respected and trusted supplier to many leading names in the industry. We have been supplying complex parts to tier one manufacturers in the aircraft and defence industry since 1985, long established in the Midlands.
D & S Engineering (Coventry) Ltd
20A Bayton Road
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LEMA
Linda Hall 07896482556 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to attend LEMA Academy for 1 day a week and occasional block weeks. During this time, you will complete your Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering on an Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.