- Keep the cleaning areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate, according to the practices Health&Safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers instructions.
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufactures recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order.
- Provide chair-side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
- Always ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner.
- Accurately complete patients records as directed.
- Observe patient confidentiality at all times.
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance PPE, COSHH, Mercury Handling, infection control, waste disposal, etc.
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed.
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted.
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery.
- Order*/ask the practice manager*/receptionist to order new supplies as required.
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored.
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings.
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required).
- Undergo training as it may be required to develop your skills and abilities.
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct.
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good team player
GCSE A*-C (4-9) in Maths and English are accepted.
Functional Skills level 2 in Maths and English are accepted.
A-levels in Maths or English grade E or above will be accepted.
With experience you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager.
With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work. You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums.
You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patients teeth.
Health Careers has information on careers in all areas of the dental team.
Things to consider
You will be required to be immunised against Hepatitis B and to pass a DBS check.
If your application has been successful you will be contacted by Email by the training provider Tempdent. Please ensure you check your Emails including your junk box.
About the employer
Great Shelford Dental Surgery has been in village for the last 50 years and has been at the present site since 1990, when it took over the current site from the Natwest Bank.
Husband and wife team, Mr Dipen Shah and Dr Bindi Shah took over the practice in December 2012. Right from the onset they had a dream to create an environment where patients would enjoy the experience of going to the dentist. Great Shelford Dental Surgery is devoted to treating patients of all ages with exquisite care and attention.
In Februrary 2013 together with the support of the staff and patients, Great Shelford Dental Surgery under took the mammoth task of refurbishing the premises to provide modern state of the art facilities for all stakeholders.
Great Shelford Dental Surgery has built a reputation for providing the highest quality of care and service for the area in our family friendly facilities.
The Dental Sugery
APPRENTICESHIPS & TRAINING SERVICES CONSORTIUM LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tempdent
Daniel Swann email@example.com
All underpinning knowledge towards the Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3, including the Diploma in Dental Nursing.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
The current National Minimum Wage for apprentices is 2.68 per hour. From 1st October 2014 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices will increase to 2.73 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.