Are you looking for a career in healthcare? Perhaps a career change?
Then join us on a journey that is challenging and rewarding where you will learn something new every day!
What's it all about?
A dental nurse works side by side to the dentist assisting them in a variety of dental procedures ultimately making sure the patient care and experience is at its best.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you learn everything that helps makes this a success including:
- Greeting the patients, making sure they are settled and ready for their appointment
- Making sure the dentist has the correct instruments prepared ahead of the patient appointment
- Charting and collating key dental information during the appointment
- Mixing specialist materials to make moulds for teeth impressions
- Understanding how a dentist performs and how you can best drive efficiency and help the performance of the practice
- Keeping the surgery clean and tidy and managing infection control
Throughout your role it's really critical that patient care and confidentiality are your top priorities.
Being an Apprentice means after only a few weeks you will be expected to be in surgery and learn on the job whilst learning through your Apprenticeship. You will have the support of a nurse buddy, your Practice Manager, your assessor and our specialist nurse training team.