As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Property Maintenance Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute. College attendance for this course will be one day per week.
The Premises team consists of Site Supervisor, three Caretakers and an Apprentice. In addition, there are about 16 part-time cleaning staff who report through the Site Supervisor.
Day-to-day duties to include;
- Act as a key holder, carrying out security procedures for the School site.
- Carrying out first line repairs and maintenance including: plumbing, decorating, fencing, etc.
- Ensuring that all area of the Site are free from litter
- Working with other staff to check heating plant, carry out Health and Safety checks
- Delivering parcels
- Undertaking cleaning when required
- Participate in preventative maintenance procedures including gutter clearing, maintaining gullies and drain runs, etc.
- Undertaking letting and related duties
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Ability to establish respectful and trusting relationships with others
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Skills Required :
- Practical and methodical
- Demonstrate a flexible approach
- Good reading and writing skills
- Ability to undertake DIY tasks
- Ability to count and undertake general mathematical calculations
- Ability to exchange verbal information clearly
- Ability to work effectively with a range of adults
- Know when, how and with whom to share information
- Be prepared to develop and learn in the role
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Demonstrate ability to resolve routine problems independently