- Following customer specifications/requirements to produce 2D engineering drawings and 3D engineering models using computer aided software to produce engineering components
- Working as part of a drawing office team
- Liaising and communicating with customers in order to meet their requirements
- Very good computer skills
- Very good maths skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Ability to work without direct supervision once capable and trained to do so
- Positive attitude
- Eager to learn
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
- GCSE at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths, English and ICT
- To be discussed upon completion of this apprenticeship
About the employer
We began in humble surroundings of a garage workshop, and since then have evolved to manufacturing high quality, bespoke orders for the nationwide contract furniture market.
Based in Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire, our clients range from schools, retail outlets, public sector buildings and hospitals across the UK, to well-known hotel chains and sports clubs.
We also deliver one-off bespoke projects as well as offering a CNC machining service for component manufacture. The diversity of our clients is thanks to the ethos of creating high-quality, bespoke furniture which completely meets the needs of our customers.
We employ over 30 people and our business has grown to occupy a state-of-the-art 25,000sq foot factory ideally located in the Midlands, which allows us to produce high quality, bespoke products to fit budgets of all kinds.
We are very proud of our humble beginnings and seeing the way LiDR has grown to supplying a wide range of market sectors across the country.
We operate under the core values of a family business and strive to build healthy and long-standing relationships with our clients all over the UK.
Lidr Contract Furniture Limited
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Staffordshire Engineering Group Training Association Ltd
Sara James 01782213485 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)