This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a friendly supportive employer, whilst achieving a nationally recognised apprenticeship qualification with a leading training provider.
Are you interested in starting a career in customer service and want to achieve an apprenticeship in Hospitality? If so we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Mango Bean is looking for the right candidate to join their friendly, successful team as an Apprentice Barista.
You will be providing excellent customer service by promptly providing customers with quality beverages and products, whilst maintaining a clean and comfortable coffee shop. Customer service skills will be a major part of the role
Your responsibilities will include:
General Serving duties
- Serving and preparing food, like heating paninis, cooking waffles and serving cakes.
- Till operation, serving customers and taking payment.
- Making sure all customer areas are clean, tidy and safe at all times, including the toilet as well as the customer seating areas.
- Prompt clearing and cleaning of tables.
- Ensuring behind the counter areas and all equipment and machines are clean and tidy and operated correctly and safely at all times.
- Opening the store ensuring it is prepared for customers.
- Stock Control, including following all standard operating procedures of ordering, storing and display of products.
- Greeting customers and helping them with the products on offer.
- Work with others as a member of a team to ensure the customers are served in an efficient, timely, pleasant manner. Giving information as required.
Trainee Barista Duties:
- You will be trained to use a specialist coffee machine to produce many different types of coffee to a consistently high standard, like espresso, cappuccino, latte, mocha and Americano.You will also be trained to make other hot drinks like hot chocolate.
- You will be trained to make cold drinks such a smoothies and Mangobeans unique Coffee cocktails.
- Roasting and grinding fresh coffee beans.
Health and Safety duties:
- Observe all safety rules and food hygiene procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment. Ensuring all hazards are reported if they cannot be controlled personally.
As an Apprentice you will be completing a level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard. This will involve a local regional trainer from Babcock coming to visit you in the workplace regularly to guide you and support you throughout your apprenticeship.