With the emphasis firmly on farm machinery, you will develop skills and proficiency in a wide range of technical areas, from routine maintenance and servicing through to complex component overhauls, utilising the very latest John Deere diagnostic equipment. Engineering is a practical subject, and requires a great deal of focus and thought.
Duties will include:
- Performing basic service tasks & developing skills in removal and reconditioning of components
- Progressing to perform more complex service & repair tasks, both at the dealership and out in the field
- Assisting qualified Technicians as needed
- Reporting weekly to a mentor or Service Manager regarding ongoing activities and progression
- Maintaining the condition of inventory, tools and equipment
- Maintaining a clean work area and performing tasks in a professional manner
- Participating in Service Training programmes required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Following all safety rules and regulations
- You will learn to use the very latest John Deere equipment, working at the cutting edge of technology to gain the important skills required in a fast developing, high-tech industry
Your advanced apprenticeship will last approximately 3 years
Like all apprenticeships, your programme will combine paid employment with training, leading to a nationally recognised and valued qualification. You will work at a P. Tuckwell Ltd. but also spend time at the John Deere Apprentice Training Centre and at John Deere's Head Office, both near Nottingham.
You are supported by a designated Assessor and by your employer, gaining valuable workplace skills by undertaking practical tasks and experiencing real-life challenges. You will be provided with an individually tailored learning plan, with progress monitored by your Assessor who will make regular visits for on the job assessment and guidance
- A good listener
- A team player
- Willing to work and study hard
Skills Required :
You should be:
- Technically minded
- Have a practical ability
- A logical thinker
Future Prospects :
As a fully qualified John Deere Agricultural Technician, you will have access to further development opportunities within the company, extending your skills with additional training in areas such as compressed gas handling, welding, and, abrasive wheels, as well as going on to achieve LTA levels 3 and 4 (Master Technician) qualifications.