Orange Grove was founded in 1996 by two social workers who understood that strong relationships held the key to successful fostering. As with all families, relationships matter. They provide a stable platform for growth, which is why we commit time, effort and resources into nurturing them constantly.
We do this for the children in our care by getting to know them and providing a safe and positive family environment. We do it for our foster parents by treating them individually and tailoring our support to their needs. And we take care to build strong and positive relationships with local authorities and our other partners, so we can all work effectively together.
This has been at the heart of our philosophy ever since we were first set up over 20 years ago.
Job Role - to provide a comprehensive day to day administrative service for the office team to include:-
- Supporting the social work team with data collection, recording, filing and auditing
- To build up and maintain a supportive relationship with foster parent, as the post holder will be one of the first points of contact within the office
- Liaising with Local Authority social workers
- To support in the organisation of monthly meetings for foster parents
- To carry out statutory checks and take up references on prospective foster parents
- Maintaining files & databases
- To attend regular team meetings and national meetings
- To represent and promote the Orange Grove at every opportunity
- To make constructive use of supervision and work closely with team members to enhance personal and team developments
You will receive comprehensive training in all aspects of the job role.
- Ability to demonstrate that the Companys Values are at the centre of all you do.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office packages (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word) - ability to use Company electronic systems effectively.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills.
- Willing to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
GCSEs in English and maths at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)