Marketing + Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand-at the corporate, industry, capability and geographic level-that supports the Accenture business strategy, enhances long-term client relationships, inspires employees and candidates, and drives profitable growth.
Together with industry and local marketing colleagues, the European Account Based Marketing (EABM) team works hand-in-hand with Accenture client account teams to design and deliver strategic, targeted and insight-led marketing programmes. These programmes aim to increase client mindshare, strengthen client relationships, and drive growth within specific European priority accounts. The team combine the best of marketing content and events with bespoke and innovative tactics to create differentiated client experiences and campaigns to help clients understand the unique value Accenture can help them create.
As an ABM Senior Account Executive you will be responsible for;
Supporting the ABM Account Manager in designing and implementing marketing programmes for 3 - 5 priority accounts across 1 - 2 industry groups. The Senior Account Executive will also take the lead on managing an account, x-account campaigns, or key initiatives within an ABM programme.
Together with the ABM Account Manager, you will work with account teams to develop deep insight into the client's priorities and combine this with insight into industry and technology trends, competitive environment, and Accenture's capabilities and experience to really understand the opportunities at the account and how best to differentiate Accenture.
Your ABM programmes may support all stages of the sales lifecycle; they may:
- Inspire clients to keep Accenture front-of-mind and sow the seeds for new opportunities within the target account
- Nurture client relationships and grow interest in Accenture's unique capabilities
- Influence client perceptions to build confidence and preference for Accenture to position us for success in strategic deals
- Advocate - build client trust and loyalty to help Accenture develop long term strategic partnerships
You will help to develop and execute an account-specific marketing strategy aligned with account priorities, blending the right mix of tactics and channels to reach and engage the target decision makers and buyers at the client. There is real opportunity to bring your creative flair to the role and you should be confident in developing and selling in new and innovative ideas to your ABM account manager and, in turn, account leadership to increase differentiation.
Throughout your programmes, you will track the KPIs outlined in the marketing plans to measure and optimise your on-going impact on reputation, relationships and, ultimately, revenue.
This role therefore requires a someone with hands-on marketing experience, excellent communication, project management and stakeholder management skills - as well as an eye for design, a creative mindset and ability to delve into the detail.
Primary responsibilities include:
With support from the ABM Account Manager, design the marketing strategy for a select priority account; working in close collaboration with the account team to ensure activity is aligned to their growth objectives. Act as the primary point of contact for the account team, working hand-in-hand with industry and local marketing colleagues to activate relevant wider marketing campaigns, content and events within the account.
Activities include: Research and insights into client, account and industry trends; defining account marketing plan; leading update calls with client account lead; providing updates to account management team; programme reporting.
Project management and reporting
Support the ABM Account Manager in the delivery of ABM programmes which differentiate Accenture from competitors, help expand the number and strength of our client relationships, educate clients as to the full breadth of Accenture's capabilities and create a preference for Accenture at key clients in the UK and Ireland.
Activities include: Tracking and updating the account marketing plan; developing agenda and materials for meetings with client account leads; sourcing relevant content and events from across the business; producing reports on client engagement and campaign performance; and making recommendations on future activity.
Manage and support account-specific campaigns or x-account campaigns to help position Accenture for success in key deals or create awareness of our offerings and thought leadership among our priority accounts to drive new pipeline. Channels may include email, social media, events, direct mail, Accenture.com, and bespoke client portals.
Activities include: Developing campaign plans and pitching them to account teams to secure budget; developing campaign messaging; implementing the campaign using Salesforce CRM system and input from internal and external teams and agencies; utilising data to report on and optimise campaign performance; documenting lessons learnt and best practice.
Design and develop the deliverables required as part of our ABM and deal-based marketing campaigns. Deliverables may include emails, brochures, posters, presentations, thought leadership, credentials, videos, blogs, websites and infographics.
Activities include: Writing briefs for deliverables; collaborating with our internal and external creative agencies and digital teams; managing approvals with account team; writing copy; creating simple mock-ups of emails and web pages; drafting social posts, etc.
Provide insights to the account team on their key clients and their account. Use these insights to support the development of client-centric marketing programmes.
Activities include: Stakeholder profiling; account research; competitor research; industry research; social media connections analysis.
Help account teams to use social media to position Accenture as thought leaders and themselves as experts in their fields.
Activities include: Coordinating third party trainers; providing training to account teams on LinkedIn and LinkedIn Elevate.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Degree or equivalent
- Hands-on marketing experience, ideally in professional services or other B2B organisation. Account based marketing or pursuit / deal-based marketing experience highly desirable
- Broad marketing skill set, including campaign management, deliverable development and measurement and reporting. Demonstrable experience in using different channels, including social media, email and direct mail.
- Brilliant project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and convey ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to operate and build relationships at senior levels within a large, matrixed organisation
- Team player with great interpersonal skills
- Creativity, flair and innovation in how to achieve cut-through and differentiation for campaigns
- Enthusiasm, passion for marketing and can-do attitude
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM desirable, e.g. reporting, campaign set up
- Experience using Eloqua (or similar email platform) desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
- Design skills are nice to have, but not essential