Marketing + Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand-at the corporate, industry, capability and geographic level-that supports the Accenture business strategy, enhances long-term client relationships, inspires employees and candidates, and drives profitable growth.
Together with industry and local marketing colleagues, the European Account Based Marketing (EABM) team works hand-in-hand with Accenture client account teams to design and deliver strategic, targeted and insight-led marketing programmes. These programmes aim to increase client mindshare, strengthen client relationships, and drive growth within specific European priority accounts. The team combine the best of marketing content and events with bespoke and innovative tactics to create differentiated client experiences and campaigns to help clients understand the unique value Accenture can help them create.
As an ABM Financial Services (FS) Account Manager you will:
Design and manage the execution of ABM programmes for a portfolio of around 6 - 8 UK & Ireland accounts, supported by 2 - 3 account executives or associate account managers.
Your first step will be to work with account teams to develop deep insight into the client's priorities and combine this with your knowledge of the FS industry (preferably Banking), technology trends, competitive environment, and Accenture's capabilities and experience to really understand the opportunities at the account and how best to differentiate Accenture.
Your ABM programmes may support all stages of the sales lifecycle; they may:
- Inspire clients to keep Accenture front-of-mind and sow the seeds for new opportunities within the target account
- Nurture client relationships and grow interest in Accenture's unique capabilities
- Influence client perceptions to build confidence and preference for Accenture to position us for success in strategic deals
- Advocate - build client trust and loyalty to help Accenture develop long term strategic partnerships
As a strategic partner to the account team, you will draw on your significant marketing experience to develop and execute an account-specific marketing strategy aligned with their priorities, blending the right mix of tactics and channels to reach and engage the target decision makers and buyers at the client. There is real opportunity to bring your creative flair to the role and you should be confident in developing and selling in new and innovative ideas to account leadership to increase differentiation.
Throughout your programmes, you will track the KPIs outlined in your marketing plans to measure and optimise your on-going impact on reputation, relationships and, ultimately, revenue.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver ABM programmes for select UK & Ireland priority accounts; working in close collaboration with the account team to ensure activity is aligned to their growth objectives.
- Act as a primary marketing point of contact for account teams, working hand-in-hand with industry and local marketing colleagues to activate relevant wider marketing campaigns, content and events within the account.
- Plan and deliver account-specific campaigns which differentiate Accenture from competitors, help expand the number and strength of our client relationships, educate clients as to the full breadth of Accenture's capabilities and create a preference for Accenture at key clients in UK & Ireland.
- Build a deep understanding of banking industry trends and the needs of Accenture's banking clients to ensure campaigns are highly relevant, timely and client centric.
- Leverage internal and external information sources and research teams to develop in-depth insight into individual decision makers and influencers at your target organisations.
- Develop client-specific messages, aligned to Accenture's purpose and applicable industry and business services.
- Lead the execution of account-specific campaigns or deliverables, managing budgets and orchestrating input from agencies, suppliers and wider Marketing + Communications teams. Deliverables include - but are not limited to - emails, brochures, presentations, thought leadership, credentials, videos, blogs, websites and infographics. Channels may include email, social media, events, direct mail, Accenture.com, and bespoke client portals.
- Support account teams directly with strategic deal opportunities - or collaborate with our specialist global pursuit marketing team - to increase our win rate against our competitors through innovative marketing strategies and tactics.
- Ensure all client engagement is captured in our CRM system (Salesforce), use data to optimise campaigns and report on return on investment.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Degree or equivalent
- Significant professional services and/or B2B marketing experience required with particular focus on account-based marketing (ABM), pursuit / deal-based marketing and/or marketing strategy
- Broad marketing skill set and proficiency in marketing data management and campaign reporting. Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM desirable.
- Banking or broader Financial Services knowledge and experience desirable
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to operate and build relationships at very senior level within a large, matrixed organisation
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, proven track record managing a team, and real collaborative and team-player attitude
- Excellent project management skills and evidence of successfully managing complex portfolio of projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Creativity, flair and innovation in how to achieve cut-through and differentiation for campaigns
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and convey ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to both internal and external audiences
- Enthusiasm, passion for marketing and can-do attitude