If you like analysing results and using data to drive decisions, then we have a role for you. The function of Global Finance & Business Management is critical to all facets of the business, dedicated to continually making our business better – strategically, financially and operationally.
Youll collaborate with our top-tier professionals to influence and shape critical decisions and initiatives that support our businesses across the firm. Youll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. Well give you what you need to succeed including training, mentoring, access to senior leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
What You Can Expect
This 9-week program delivers in-depth industry training, mentorship and hands-on experience. Youll be placed as a member in one of the finance teams where youll work in one of the following functional groups: Business Management, Controller, Financial Analysis, and Project Management. Youll work on critical initiatives for senior managers, supporting public filings and learning what it takes to close the books for the month or quarter. Top performers may receive a full-time opportunity at the end of the summer program.
- Business Management - Act as a trusted advisor to business and group heads by identifying, escalating and mitigating business risks and optimising business performance by driving key initiatives. Business Management are also responsible for helping to drive key initiatives that optimise business performance.
- Controller - Responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting and controls functions for the organisation, including legal entity, financial and regulatory, as well as product valuation; and provide this expertise to strategic and ongoing technology and operational process improvement initiatives. The different types of Controller roles consist of Legal Entity Controller, Financial Controller, Product Controller, Valuation Controller, Treasury Controller, Investor Services Controller, Global Controller, and Bank Controller.
- Financial Analysis - Create meaningful analysis and reporting in support of our businesses. Coordinate with partners across the firm to provide financial and strategic analysis, creation, oversight and coordination of financial planning and forecasting.
- Program Management - Contribute to programs that are large scale and comprised of multiple projects and workstreams. Initiatives drive cross line of business or firm-wide agendas for implementation of new regulations, standards or policies.
- Regulatory Reporting & Capital Policy - Responsible for the preparation and submission of reporting to the UK regulatory bodies, monitoring of regulatory capital requirements, the interpretation, application and implementation of rules and policies, in parallel to providing guidance to the business
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for producing financial analyses to help drive strategic business decisions and ensure the company is capable of navigating all types of market environments, while maintaining a fortress balance sheet. The Global Finance & Business Management function within JPMorgan Chase & Co is a dynamic organisation that plays a critical role, particularly as regulatory and capital requirements continue to impact the way we do business
- A well-rounded academic background is essential
- An expected graduation year 2023
- A passion for data analysis and accounting
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting procedures, internal and external reporting, and variance analysis
- A well-rounded academic background with an interest in financial management
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency
- Leadership experience in school or community organisation.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.