What You Can Expect
Understanding, mitigating and managing risk is at the forefront of how we do business, and critical to our current and future success. Risk managers help manage our financial reputations and regulatory performance, while working across the business to shape decisions, influence models and interface with regulators.
The nine - week summer program starts with a five day orientation and training session. Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, our products and the intellectual property that serve our clients. You’ll gain technical and practical knowledge and the inspiration and insight you need for success.
Market Risk works in partnership with the CIB trading businesses. The team tracks market events, performs portfolio analysis and provides risk advisory for multiple asset classes including FX, Rates, Equities, Credit, Securitised Products, and Commodities retained by the firm. Market Risk engages in discussions with all levels of management on the firm’s risk appetite ahead of and during major market events.
Once on the desk, depending on your group, your responsibilities as a Summer Analyst may include: performing analysis/due diligence on a counter-party/product, monitoring risk sensitivities across individual counter-parties and the portfolio as a whole, building financial models, contributing to analytical exercises in response to global events, preparing reports to outline recommendations to senior management and assisting in evaluating market moves that could cause losses to the firm.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Learn about risk at a premier global investment bank
- Understand the role of integrity and transparency in dealing with regulators, clients and business partners
- Work collaboratively across the entire organisation to find and solve problems before they grow
- Come up with innovative ways to solve challenges and answer queries
- Work on complex problems that require creative solutions
- Manage relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders to minimise risks and follow laws in various locations
If you’re highly-motivated and enjoy working in teams to come up with smart solutions, this is the role for you. Key skills include:
- Quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Fluency in English
- Project management skills and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you unique: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Expected graduation date of June 2022 – September 2023