What You Can Expect
Our summer internship programme runs for 9 weeks. The programme is a unique cross line of business programme linking both Asset Management and Wealth Management. This provides a broader educational offering and enables you as an intern to widen your J.P. Morgan employee network.
It begins in London with five days of orientation and training. Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, the scale and scope of our organisation today and our ambitious plans for tomorrow. We’ll teach you technical and practical skills that will help you hit the ground running.
The programme is non-rotational providing you with an opportunity to develop solid relationships with your desk/team and get involved in real-time projects. Be prepared to be flexible, learn quickly, and act on your judgements. There’s a lot to absorb but youll benefit from the support of a dedicated junior and senior staff member to help you integrate into your team and to answer any questions you might have throughout the summer.
You will participate in a performance management process where you will set and monitor your goals and objectives. Alongside the learning curve of your main role, you’ll gain a different perspective of the firm through desk based training, business presentations and various networking opportunities.
The program is an opportunity to take your career to the next level through hands-on experience, relevant skills training and valuable professional networking. Based on your individual achievements, those who successfully complete the program may receive offers of full-time employment.
You will be placed in one of the below teams for your 9 week Summer Internship:
- Beta Strategies: We build specialised index products and portfolio capabilities across asset classes, including our electronic-traded funds business.
- Equities: We manage a broad range of equity investment strategies globally with dedicated portfolio managers, research analysts and traders who have expertise in helping clients of all sizes.
- ESG: Partner with our global investment and distribution teams to develop dedicated ESG research and thought leadership
- Fixed Income: We offer an array of debt solutions, including investment grade, high yield and emerging market debt.
- Hedge Funds: We manage hedge fund portfolios for institutional and high net worth individuals, offering a broad range of products and capabilities to help investors reach their objectives.
- Liquidity: We help clients invest within a range of currencies, risk levels and durations, including taxable and tax-free money market funds, short-term fixed income funds and separately managed accounts.
- Multi-Asset Solutions: We utilise capital markets investing, strategic asset allocation, portfolio construction and risk management to develop portfolio solutions for our clients.
- Private Equity: We build and maintain the private equity portfolios for our clients.
- Real Assets: We come up with innovative ways to invest in real estate.
A strong interest in finance and asset management is essential, as are analytical and quantitative skills, flexibility, teamwork, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to handle pressure and enjoy a collaborative environment. A well-rounded academic background is important. You certainly don’t need a degree in Economics or Finance, but a good level of numeracy is required.
Additional requirements include:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Confidence and initiative to take on responsibility and manage your own projects.
• Our internship opportunities are available to students in their penultimate year of study.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Our internship opportunities are available to students in their penultimate year of study.