Do you know how to spread the word? We’re looking for someone who can help us develop our communications to employees.
- Be involved in planning, writing and editing articles for internal websites, newsletters, blogs, social media and announcements
- Give advice and support for the best way to get messages to our employees
- Help coordinate employee events and develop accompanying communications materials to spread the word
- Support coordination of employee volunteering activities and the firms financial grants to charities and social enterprises
You’ll be working within either our Community Affairs or Corporate Communications team and will work closely with colleagues from Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas to help us build and protect our reputation and make sure information is delivered clearly and consistently. Depending on your interests and skills, you may also have the opportunity to get involved with media relations, where you would manage incoming requests from journalists and work with internal spokespeople to help UBS gain visibility in the media.
You need to be in the last two years of your degree and have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.)
But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- Analyse a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- Plan, organise and communicate well
- Make things happen
- Stick with a task
- Work in a team
- Come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organised a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after
On this 12 month industrial placement, you’ll get to join one of our teams in IT, Risk, Compliance and Operational Risk Control, or Communications and Branding. You’ll still be working toward your university degree course while getting the opportunity to be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, your placement may result into a career-track graduate position.