Degree requirements: Must be studying an undergraduate degree in Media, Marketing, Communications, Humanities or a related discipline.
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
Location: Barnard Castle, GSK House – Brentford, Ware and Worthing (Penicillin site)
Duration: 1 year (approximately)
Detailed description of the role:
An opportunity exists for talented undergraduates with a passion for communications to play a significant role in supporting internal and/or external communications at one of our world-class pharmaceutical sites. Working alongside a small team on-site and off-site communications specialists you will gain experience of how effective communications contribute to the success of a world-leading pharmaceutical manufacturing site.
The role may include:
- Keeping employees at all levels informed of change, performance and progress at the site
- Being involved in delivering the sites communications strategy.
- Organising town halls, site conferences and specific campaigns
- Writing, designing and giving presentations
- Drafting news stories, case studies and features for internal and external communications channels from digital to print.
- Preparing materials from brochures to videos
- Creating clear and consistent messages using multiple communication platforms.
- Embedding the culture, mindset and behaviours demanded by our values
- Sharing and celebrating our successes.
- Interacting with different levels of the business to ensure the appropriate approach is taken to engage staff across all functions
- Utilising a range of digital and physical materials in a number of different channels and platforms.
This office-based placement will suit students looking to gain broad experience and exposure to the multiple business areas. It is perfect for students looking for experience in business/communications, but it also suitable for students who have experience in written communication/video communication in different forms (e.g. university newspapers, video editing experience.) Communications is an important function area for businesses across the world, therefore this placement gives excellent experience for a variety of future roles and opportunities.
- Creative and outgoing
- Experience of creating engaging communications materials
- Experience in the use of photoshop, PowerPoint and video editing
- You will have a creative flair to design innovative communications for internal employees and external stakeholders.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 14th October 2020
Additional Details: The Virtual Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in the week of the 16th November 2020.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will close when we have filled our virtual assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Virtual Assessment Centre