You’ve learned a lot as a student already. Want to put it into practice at PepsiCo?
Our placement programmes are structured to give you the chance to make an impact on some of the world’s biggest brands. From day one, you’ll be working on projects that matter. You’ll shake things up, shape trends, and get guidance and development to help you discover your potential.
We are looking for enthusiastic undergraduates to join our Gatorade Sports Science Institute (GSSI) team in our Research & Development team based in Leicester on a 12-month placement programme.
At PepsiCo innovation takes centre stage. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the world. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Working in our GSSI team, your role will be to support GSSI international in working with the best athletes and sports teams in the world. It’s truly an amazing opportunity. The role will cover four main areas; service, research, education and innovation.
What you will be doing:
- Service; you will be trained on GSSI standard operating procedures and accompany existing GSSI staff in the collection of data to inform personalised sports nutrition options. You will be required to complete the required paperwork and data entry into the GSSI global database, as well as assist in the testing process itself.
- Research; you will be encouraged to analyse the data collected and assist in report and manuscript preparations.
- Education; you will have the opportunity to attend the largest sports science conference in Europe and selected GSSI sponsored events (and, depending on the quality of the work completed, submit an abstract for presentation at one such event).
- Innovation; you will work on new Gatorade technologies and sports nutrition products to gain insights for future development.
- Sweat sample analysis
- Fluid balance testing
- Writing up results and reporting back to key members of the project teams.
What are we looking for:
- Undergraduate student, following path to a degree level qualification (BSc) in Sport and exercise Science and Sports Nutrition or relevant discipline.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to multi-task.
- Keen to gain experience of working in professional sport and the food industry.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience (verbal and written).
- Student will be required to work flexible hours which will be required for international travel.
- Experience in sports science support, nutrition or exercise physiology testing (not essential).
- Good knowledge of science and passion to help athletes optimise their performance through hydration and nutrition analysis and interventions.
- Disruption. An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability.
- Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders.
- Creativity. Bring your new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands.
- You! At PepsiCo we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
What else do you need to know?
The placement starts in July 2021, and will last for 12 months, with a salary of £21,000