This is a great opportunity to work at one of the largest and most influential software companies in the world. VMware, a global leader in cloud technologies and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling unprecedented freedom and flexibility in how our customers build and evolve IT environments.
The Solution Engineering (Pre-sales) team helps customers transform their businesses with industry-leading solutions and is involved in all technical aspects of customer engagement: from initially introducing new concepts and ideas to a customer, to presenting and demonstrating VMware technologies and helping to design solutions that meets the customer needs. Through close collaboration with Sales and Professional Services, the Solution Engineering team builds long term customer relationships, ensuring success in their adoption of VMware Solutions.
As a Solution Engineering (SE) Intern you be joining a highly motivated, diverse and welcoming team within the VMware family. You will get the opportunity to work with an unmatched portfolio of technologies, assisting customers and partners meet the key challenges facing their business today.
You will receive substantial guidance and mentoring helping you develop your analytical, creative and communication skills in a fast-paced technology environment.
Once onboarded, the core role will be focused on providing demonstration, positioning and marketing support to the extended Sales and Solution Engineering teams. Specifically, we need you to develop case studies and alternative demonstrations for our solutions. You will have the opportunity to create new content, produce new marketing material and develop new methods of representing the value we can bring to our customers;
- Develop scenario-based solution demonstrations based upon real world examples
- Create new whiteboard presentations and content with a focus on storytelling
- Create new marketing material centred on the different personas e.g. a poster presenting ‘a day in the life of’ a Nurse; demonstrating the betterment our solutions bring to their role and positive impact to their patients
- Potentially focused around digital workspace usage in health and education
In addition to your main responsibilities, VMware has a very active Intern community offering an excellent peer support network and the prospect to be involved in organising charity events, knowledge sharing and learning opportunities.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn VMware product set and describe key features and benefits
- Develop (and potentially deliver) onsite and remote product and solution presentations and demonstrations
- Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect technical inquiries
- Provide evaluations and proof-of-concept assistance to partners and customers
- Assist with the training of sales and VMware Partner personnel
- Craft newsletters, infographics, and other materials for internal and external audiences
- Research and provide analysis on emerging technology trends surrounding technology, application development, and Cloud Computing
- Assist with Solution Engineering organization projects, as assigned
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similarly related technical or numeracy-based degree
- A persistent, self-starter with a track record of success in your academic career to date
- A practical, problem-solver who possesses strong business and technical acumen, confidence, and maturity.
- Eagerness to always be learning, with a passion for technology
- A great teammate who works with integrity to succeed in a high-energy, dynamic environment
- Enthusiastic communication manner, excellent listening, interpersonal and writing skills
- IT experience or software development abilities beneficial