You’ve learned a lot as a student already. Want to put it into practice at PepsiCo?
Our placement programmes are structured to give you the chance to make an impact on some of the world’s biggest brands. From day one, you’ll be working on projects that matter. You’ll shake things up, shape trends, and get guidance and development to help you discover your potential.
we have a 12-month industrial placement opportunity for a Nutritionist in our Research & Development (R&D) team based at our site in Leicester.
The Nutrition Sciences Team is a small team based in the UK with responsibility for developing and implementing the nutrition sciences strategy across the broad geography of Europe.
This role is pivotal in supporting the work of the team, taking ownership of projects, and gaining invaluable experience of working as a nutritionist in a global food company. PepsiCo’s portfolio stretches across a wide range of food and beverage products, encompassing every possible nutritional opportunity and challenge. This opportunity enables a student to experience the wide range of business support the team provides and expand their own knowledge whilst translating that knowledge into business relevant action.
You’ll support the Nutrition Sciences Europe team, spending some time on each of the categories to enable a comprehensive experience of applying nutrition science to our broad portfolio of products and projects.
You’ll have a level of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to the support we provide to our business and in return you will have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment!
What you will be doing:
- Support the Nutrition Sciences team in all relevant business activity.
- Supporting the development of technical nutrition documentation.
- Conduct and evaluate research to support innovation and brand activation.
- Track and monitor on pack data and assist with the assessment of progress against human sustainability targets.
- Developing a log and commentary on media reports relevant to our portfolio and nutrition science.
- Contribute to nutrition education and health & wellness activities for employees.
- Assist the team with general nutrition enquiries from the business.
- Participate in team meetings – local, regional and global as necessary.
What are we looking for:
- Undergraduate student, following a path to a degree level qualification in Nutrition and/or Dietetics or closely related discipline e.g. Food Science.
- Initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be proactive and multi-task.
- Passion for nutrition and its impact on health and wellness
- Creativity and interest in culinary/product development
- Keen to gain work experience in the Food Industry.
- Full UK driving license
- Disruption. An intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability.
- Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders.
- Creativity. Bring your new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands.
- You! At PepsiCo, we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
What else do you need to know?
The placement starts in July 2021 and will last for 12 months, with a salary of £21,000