Are you experienced in investment risk? Are you familiar with tracking error and Value at Risk (VaR) in a portfolio management context? Do you enjoy discussing risks with colleagues, portfolio managers, business management?
We’re looking for someone like that to:
– run daily, weekly and monthly checks of risk exposures client portfolios
– ensure high quality of data being using in risk modelling infrastructure and resolve any data errors in a timely manner
– analyse portfolios and liaise with portfolio managers on the risks that are being taken
– identify, summarise and provide input on key risks and performance of funds for reporting to management
– make sure business, client and regulatory requirements and requests are dealt with in a disciplined, timely and efficient manner
– support the business on new product launches and assessment/approval of new funds and financial instruments
You'll be working in the Risk Control team within Asset Management in London. This global team oversees all business areas of Asset Management equities, fixed income, real estate, infrastructure, hedge fund and multi asset portfolios. You will be focusing on portfolios across these asset classes booked or managed in London, in coordination with the global asset class risk officers.
In particular, you have:
• a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in economics, finance or business administration
• knowledge and understanding of risk management techniques including concepts such as Value-at-Risk, Portfolio Theory and Stress testing
• able to respond quickly in a fast moving environment
• able to adapt to evolving requirements and competing priorities
• a self-starter and proactive
• a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
• team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
• experience with high-level programming language and statistical modeling software know-how (like R, Python, Matlab)
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Our Graduate Talent Program (GTP) lasts 18 months. You'll be directly involved in day-to-day operations, working with professionals and gaining first-hand experience of our business.
As well as on-the-job learning, you’ll get training on the financial markets, our products and other core business topics. Rotational assignments are a key part of the program. By taking on other roles in related departments, you’ll gain a wider perspective.
Besides all that, you'll attend networking events, cross-business classes and social occasions where you'll get to know us.
To learn more about our Graduate Talent Programs, click here.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?