Do you want to work for the world’s leading wealth manager and understand how we offer wealthy individuals and businesses a complex range of advice and international banking solutions to preserve their capital and create a legacy for future generations ? Amongst other things you’ll:
• Get the opportunity to spend time working within one of our Front Office teams servicing existing clients and looking at ways to attract new ones.
• Work within the Advisory & Sales segment and learn how our Discretionary Portfolio Management team uses behavioural finance techniques to better understand risk tolerance when constructing portfolios.
• See first hand the role Risk Management plays when onboarding clients and subsequently managing their wealth.
• Learn how we differentiate our product offering by leveraging our first class Chief Investment Office.
• Understand the full life cycle of how we manage and protect the wealth of our clients.
You’ll be working in our Global Wealth Management business. You’ll work closely with various teams within the UK both in the front and back office, learning about how a Client Advisor goes about building their network and those functions that help facilitate this process such as Risk, Operations and Business Management. In addition you will become familiar with the platform and proposition upon which the Division delivers its services including Financial Planning, Wealth Planning, Portfolio Management and Lending.
The two years you spend as part of our Graduate Talent Program is just the start of your journey. We’ve created a pathway upon which we hope you will further develop your knowledge and experience once the program’s complete such that the learning process continues and you’ll be fully prepared for a career within UBS Global Wealth Management.
You need to be in the last year of your degree or recently graduated, no more than 2 years ago. In addition you need to have, or be on track for a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
• analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
• plan, organize and communicate well
• make things happen
• stick with a task
• work in a team
• come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
We know that development opportunities are important to you and we want to make sure you you'll be successful. That's why our graduate talent program is designed to ensure that you'll have an in-depth introduction to our firm and the business you will be part of. You'll start your UBS experience by participating in UBS Discovery, a training program that will bring you up to speed on our industry, strategy, capabilities and culture.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?