Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyze business requirements across Global Markets
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern software development tools
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
You’ll be working within our Global Markets division to design and build next-generation systems that leverage the latest developments in data science and machine learning technology. Your work will directly impact some of the world's biggest professional investors, including asset managers and hedge funds. From start to finish. You’ll draw on the strength of our platforms, products, services and people worldwide to deliver best-in-class service.
You need to have recently graduated or currently be in the last year of your degree. You must have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. In addition, your skills and experience will include:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD or equivalent with a focus on computer science
• software engineering experience, preferably with a focus on big data
• strong Java programming (a must)
• linux / python / spark experience also desirable
• familiarity with github, jira, test frameworks and performance tuning also a plus
• production of secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and scalable
• understanding of technology design, planning and delivery processes used in large-scale enterprise environments
We know that development opportunities are important to you and we want to make sure you you'll be successful. That's why our graduate training program is designed to ensure that you'll have an in-depth introduction to our firm and the business you will be part of. You'll start your UBS experience by participating in UBS Discovery, a training program that will bring you up to speed on our industry, strategy, capabilities and culture.
As you move into your target business you'll benefit from both business-specific and firm-wide on and off-the-job training that will ensure you are a confident and competent contributor from day one.
Each business has its own program that varies in duration, scope and location, but they all share a similar approach that breaks down complex information into manageable elements. The teaching methods and environment encourage you to get to know your peers. In some areas, an extended induction period provides further team building and networking opportunities. You keep on learning once you join your team. You may be rotated through a number of desks and departments to broaden your product knowledge and extend your network of contacts. In some departments, regular lectures and presentation events allow for the sharing of knowledge as well as promoting team spirit. Ongoing training and development encourages your career progress.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?