You’ve learned a lot as a student already. Want to put it into practice at PepsiCo?
Our placement programmes are structured to give you the chance to make an impact on some of the world’s biggest brands. From day one, you’ll be working on projects that matter. You’ll shake things up, shape trends, and get guidance and development to help you discover your potential.
We are looking for enthusiastic undergraduates to join our Research & Development team based in Leicester a 12 month placement programme.
Innovation takes centre stage at PepsiCo. That means our Global R&D team is at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the continent, from Leicester to Moscow. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our R&D capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level!
Ensuring creation of joyful moments through our delicious, nourishing & safe products and unique brand experiences is a cornerstone of PepsiCo’s Mission to ‘Create more smiles with every sip and every bite’. The complexity of our innovation pipelines is increasing as consumers seek novel ingredients, clean labels, new experiences and assurances over food integrity. Therefore, we have a duty to build a pipeline of future Food Safety talent that will enable the launch of new, innovative & safe consumer products…helping ensure we deliver against our Mission.
We have an exciting role within this team where you will get the opportunity to build a solid appreciation and food safety skill base in the industry. You’ll positively impact the development and implementation of new food safety initiatives which will drive speed and efficiency.
What you will be doing:
- To undertake food safety assessment /approval for raw materials and low complexity projects.
- Generate insights from food safety data from line and product qualifications with the aim to drive improvement within the food safety and other teams.
- Work closely with other R&D functions to ensure better connectivity.
- Lead Europe Food Safety initiatives that ensure we comply with our Global standards
- Manage the review of qualification data and provide pre-approval to the food safety risk lead.
- Provide regular communication and outcomes on initiatives you’re leading to Europe and Global teams.
- Liaise and network with individuals from junior to senior management level.
What are we looking for:
- An undergraduate student following path to a degree level qualification in Food Science and/or Technology, Microbiology or other related science subjects.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Interest in how technology can enable food safety
- Passion for food safety and very inquisitive mind
- Self-starter and comfortable working alone
- Strong analytical skills to deal with complex situations
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food Industry
- Disruption. Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to challenge accepted ways of doing things
- Passion. For our company, for your development and for sustainability.
- Ambition. Eagerness to learn and grow your career and aspire to be our future leaders.
- Creativity. Bring your new thinking and fresh ideas to our brands.
- You! At PepsiCo, we bring ourselves to work and embrace diversity and inclusion. We believe our differences is what makes us special.
What else do you need to know?
The placement starts in July 2021, and will last for 12 months, with a salary of £21,000