Manage complex deals. Transform organisations. Calculate the best route forward.
Here, you’ll ask better questions to help business make better decisions so they can stay ahead of the competition. You’ll do work today that defines tomorrow. And, you’ll build your own hands-on experience from day one. In return, we’ll support your progress towards professional qualifications, or to become a chartered accountant. Each programme encompasses different activities and each has its own unique opportunities to explore.
What is Strategy and Transactions at EY?
Economies are fuelled by competitive organisations who buy, sell, merge or restructure parts of their business with others. Our job is to help them do all that while making more informed decisions and building better strategies. By advising them on capital solutions, we give way to fast and authentic growth that will reshape their operations.
As a member of this team, you’ll work across complex deals while driving economic and social change. You’ll use your diverse thinking to influence key projects and contribute to large-scale topics. And, you’ll build a unique career you can be truly proud of.
What will you be doing?
We have a range of opportunities within our Strategy and Transactions business area, explore these across the following lines: Business Modelling & Analytics, Economic Advisory, Lead Advisory, Transaction Strategy and Execution, Transactions Diligence, Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy, and Valuation. Whichever area you choose, you’ll learn how we give clients quality advice about how they can improve their business, start developing your own skills in that field and will soon be working on real client projects. Other tasks might include:
- Working with companies to build, review and support effective business models needed to make key decisions
- Working with our clients on their policy, regulation and commercial decision making needs
- Helping corporates, private equity and governments achieve their strategic capital objectives through acquisitions, disposals and fund raisings
- Helping companies shape the future of their business as you plan and manage deals, complex risks and opportunities that are created by major transactions
- Supporting a broad range of clients to implement effective integration and separation strategies
- Working with companies and investors that face financial challenges and threats across the whole economic cycle.
- Working with our clients to calculate risks and rewards and provide insight into a broad range of valuation issues
Throughout the programme, and depending on which one you choose, you’ll have the chance to study for professional qualifications with institutes like CFAB or ICAS. You’ll also have access to learning and development opportunities with our in-house experts, so you can work towards a promotion by the time you complete the programme.
Got the strategic thinking and knack for numbers needed to work in Strategy and Transactions? Bring your strengths to our business area and to our wider purpose – help us to bring out better answers by asking better questions. Help us to build a better working world.
We operate an open access policy, meaning we don’t screen out applications on your academic performance alone. You will, however, need to be working towards an Honours degree in any subject (some programmes will require a subject relevant to the business area) – and have a minimum of grade 4/C GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Maths, and three A-levels/ Five Highers (or equivalent) to be eligible to apply.
“I’m really making a difference to the firm, to our clients, and I’m really encouraged in my career.” Lizzie, graduate in Lead Advisory
Project You. It’s yours to build.
Tap GET APPLICATION LINK below to start your application. In your application, please make sure you select DEBUT as a source - you can do this by selecting 'Online job boards' - 'Debut' in the form.