Debut’s mission is to help students transition from university to their first job. We are looking for a Product Designer proficient in visual design and delivering great user experiences. You would be owning, managing and leading the design for all Debut products — candidate mobile apps, web platform and employer dashboard, while working directly with the product teams.
It’s an exciting and challenging time to join Debut as we are expanding our proposition from ‘job placement’ to ‘career readiness’ to support students even earlier in their journey.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding users and their needs for building product, onboarding, retention etc.
- Conducting and managing product discovery interviews, surveys, A/B testing and employer visits etc.
- Creating prototypes and MVPs for discovery purposes i.e. to de-risk usability, feasibility, viability and value.
- Producing assets to illustrate and communicate user journeys and product flows.
- Working with engineers and product teams to make sure design requirements are being met, before and after implementation.
- Delivering user experiences to increase product adoption and retention.
Design Guidelines and System
- Enhancing and maintaining the Design System across desktop, mobile and responsive experiences.
- Proven data analysis skills.
- Hunger for personal growth.
- Ability to lead independently.
- Experience in Customer Development.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of Argile principles and processes.
- 5-7 years experience as a UX Designer for technology products.
- Solid understanding of UCD principles, tools and techniques like wire-framing and prototyping.
- Experience working with engineers and stakeholders to deliver a functioning product.
Please submit your application at email@example.com
Debut takes the stress out of young students by helping them prepare and find their first job out of university. We help make that transition as smooth as possible by providing tools for students, via our mobile and desktop app, to better know themselves and discover relevant opportunities, while ensuring employers can see the many dimensions of a candidate from their personality, skills and preferences.
Launched in late 2016, Debut’s been featured multiple times in the App Store as App of the Day and in the Play Store, and awarded several times as a leading example of smart mobile technology. To date, more than 150K students have downloaded and used our app, and we’ve become the go-to platform for all UK major graduate recruitment companies such as HSBC, IBM, L’Oréal, EY, Vodafone and many more.
It’s an exciting time for the business as we will focus on bringing our candidate experience to the next level. We are looking for people who are passionate, dedicated, insightful, team-oriented and creative. The ideal candidate will be a team player, take a hands-on approach and enjoy working as part of a growing team.