Debut’s mission is to help students transition from university to their first job. We are looking for a Product Manager to own, manage and lead the development of our suite of products — candidate mobile apps, web platform, employer dashboard, while working directly with the executive team and engineers.
It’s an exciting and challenging time to join Debut as we are expanding our proposition to move from ‘job placement’ to ‘career readiness’ to support students even earlier in their journey.
Your responsibilities will include:
Product Discovery and Customer Development
- Understanding users and their needs for building product, on-boarding, retention etc.
- Conducting and managing product discovery interviews, surveys, A/B testing and employer visits etc.
- Running hypothesis-driven product experiments.
- Owning and measuring product functionality, overall product and customer experience effectiveness.
- Collaborate with designers on mock-ups, usability studies and product trade-offs.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Establishing a shared vision across the company on short and long term priorities.
- Developing a product strategy to maximise the value to the business and our users.
- Prioritising the features without losing sight of the long term vision.
- Managing and improving product and market metrics covering on-boarding, acquisition and retention.
- Driving cross-functional product squad by maximising efficiency, removing obstacles and building the right product.
Go-to-Market and Product Growth
- Contributing to Go-to-Market strategy to reach target customers and achieve unfair competitive advantage.
- Utilising market data to deeply understand market trends and competitive offerings to inform product, diversify value proposition and penetrate market.
- Defining product growth, optimisation and end-of-life strategy.
- Supporting marketing team with customer acquisition and retention activities across various channels with activities like presentations, demos, events, webinars etc.
- Proven data analysis skills.
- Hunger for personal growth.
- Ability to lead independently.
- Experience in customer development.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of Agile principles and processes.
- 5-7 years experience as a Product Manager for technology product.
- An understanding of the technical architecture of modern consumer mobile apps.
- Experience working with designers, engineers and marketing on consumer-focused products.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with students.
- Domain knowledge for marketplaces or advertising.
Please submit your application at email@example.com
Debut takes the stress out of young students by helping them prepare and find their first job out of university. We help make that transition as smooth as possible by providing tools for students, via our mobile and desktop app, to better know themselves and discover relevant opportunities, while ensuring employers can see the many dimensions of a candidate from their personality, skills and preferences.
Launched in late 2016, Debut’s been featured multiple times in the App Store as App of the Day and in the Play Store, and awarded several times as a leading example of smart mobile technology. To date, more than 150K students have downloaded and used our app, and we’ve become the go-to platform for all UK major graduate recruitment companies such as HSBC, IBM, L’Oréal, EY, Vodafone and many more.
It’s an exciting time for the business as we will focus on bringing our candidate experience to the next level. We are looking for people who are passionate, dedicated, insightful, team-oriented and creative. The ideal candidate will be a team player, take a hands-on approach and enjoy working as part of a growing team.